Thursday, August 9, 2012

Scrappy Moms Terrific Tuesday Challenge...on a Thursday

Happy Thursday!  This week a BRAND new Terrific Tuesday Challenge started on the Scrappy Moms Stamps blog.  This week's challenge is to create a new project with a Disney theme!  You could use any of the adorable Cricut Disney carts or any other Disney themed SVGs.  (I do not have the patience this week to deal with those teeny layers...the end.)  I NEED to finish up our Disney layouts - I'm soo close, and I found these shapes in the Silhouette store and they reminded me of the "It's a Small World" ride.  It was one of my favorites as a little girl and it was one of Nicole's favorites as well.  (Plus as a grown up I fully appreciate that there was never a line and you can sit down...for a loong time.)
I played with some of my brand new Cakewalk papers from October Afternoon.  I bought a kit that came with 12 x 12 papers and TONS of embellishments.  I also ended up buying the 8x8 paper because I know I will use it.  I love the colors and patterns, so it's definitely a collection you will be seeing a lot of here!  I used one of their little flags to stamp my sentiment.  Sooo easy!
I added a few Peachy Keen faces to my little people.
I used my favorite offset function in the Silhouette Design software!  I love that it can create instant word art using whatever font I like.  This is the "Brady Bunch" font...it reminded me of the Small World font.

I have one more tip for you and you may already do this, but just in case...
I bought a pack of these little plastic envelopes from Michael's that hold 12 x 12 paper, and I've been using them to organize my paper collections.  When I get new patterned paper, I go through my plain colored cardstock, buttons and other random embellishments looking for things that match.  Once I gather everything up, I put everything in the envelope.  That way - everything is all ready to go and I don't have to spend time digging through things to find the right button or brad.  I also put my paper scraps in the envelope, so everything stays in ONE place.  It's really helped me to use up my supplies.  Oh my goodness...I LOVE this paper collection.  I think I mentioned that earlier, but I really do...it makes me happy.  

6 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Super cute LO. The first time we went on this ride my daughter was 5. The boat stopped and we were stuck for a bit...all the puppets were still singing and dancing...my daughter turned around and stared at me and said..."are we ever getting outta here?". I howled...as I was thinking the same thing. Lee-Ann :)

2LilPrincesses said...

so cute!!! love your tip about using the folder to keep all items matching the collection in!!! And I'm really wishing I would have purchased this collection now.. :( I saw it on scrapbooksteals or something and I passed on it!!

Suzy said...

Super cute layout!! I hear ya on those little cuts. I was wondering if we had to use a cricut cut for the challenge lol. I love your idea for storing your collections; I have een doing that by manufacturer but may have to do it by collection because Lord knows how much Echo Park paper I have! ha!

Jennifer said...

It's a Small World was my daughter's favorite ride at Disney World! This is a great layout for the pictures I took! Thanks for the inspiration!

Joanna said...

Hi Lauren! Super cute layout! I love the little people on the bottom. Looks like you have been a busy woman..I need to go catch up on all your awesome projects! Have a great day! :)

bonnie said...

Oh Lauren I just love your super cute layout...we all love this ride at Disney!! I love that collection too...so cute! ;) Hugs x