Monday, September 10, 2012

Autumn Greetings


***If you are looking for Angelica's Fond Farewell Blog Hop, click HERE!***

Happy Monday!  It's my day to post on The Twinery's blog!  I hope you had a good weekend, and are in the mood for an fall themed project today.  I have been thinking about this card for weeks...well not this card exactly, but something using LOTS of twine and cut-outs.  
To create my twine background - I cut out a piece of cardstock that was 1/2 an inch smaller than my card front.  I then applied some ATG tape in a grid pattern across the entire piece of cardstock.  I tried two different methods to apply my twine.  Learn from my mistakes!  I first tried cutting each piece individually, but I quickly discovered that method was waaaay too time consuming.  My second method was much easier and faster.  Instead of cutting each individual piece of twine, I applied each line of twine WITHOUT cutting...until switching colors.  Once I covered the entire piece of cardstock, I took my scissors and evened up any stray pieces of twine.  All in all - it only took me about 30 minutes total.  I can't wait to try something similar for Christmas or maybe hearts for Valentine's Day!

Thank you so much for stopping by today!

Materials:

8 comments:

2LilPrincesses said...

very nice!! it does look like a lot of work!!

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful!!!! Love the neat twine use!! Lee-Ann :)

Scrappy Moms Stamps said...

So pretty, Lauren! I have used negative space with paper but never thought of twine! What a great idea! :)

- Mel

Felicia - Scrapper in the Making said...

Brilliant Card! Love this! Wow this must have took up a lot of twine too. Still Gorgeous! Smooches...

Rose said...

WOW WOW WOW!!! love this :)

Robin said...

Love this idea!! So cute:)
(:(:Smiles:):)

Robin

bonnie said...

So pretty and creative! ;) HUgs x

Raven B said...

WOW you are amazing. I think I already said that but this is fabulous!!!!