Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Monster Halloween!

***If you are looking for my Peachy Keen Fall/Halloween Blog Hop Post, click HERE!***

Happy Wednesday!  It's my day to post over on the Peachy Keen Stamps blog, and I have a fun card to share with you today.  I wanted to show you that with some fun Peachy stamps - you can create a Halloween card without necessarily buying any Halloween themed paper. 
When I first started paper crafting, I was NOT very picky about what papers I chose.  I would buy an entire pad of patterned paper - even if I didn't absolutely love everything.  Well...luckily I HAVE gotten more picky, so I don't feel like I'm wasting money on supplies that I don't use.  Even if I don't always have the latest and greatest papers, I ALWAYS have a supply of solid colored cardstock. By using the spiderweb stamp from the Spider and Web set as a background stamp - you can create your own Halloween paper in any color that you choose.  I know some of you are masters at using your stamps to create beautiful background papers...I tend to have a bit of trouble, but this spiderweb stamp is super super easy.  I PROMISE!  I used the In Stiches Face Assortment set for my little monsters.  This is another versatile set - I love using it for scarecrows, dolls and any of the Peachy Keen Stamps that have stitching.  
I decided to heat emboss my sentiment so it would stand out against the pattern and the textured cardstock.

Thank you so much for stopping by today!  

Materials:


11 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

This is so darn cute...love those 3 monster cuts!! Lee-Ann :)

Amanda said...

Oh my word, this is just the cutest monster card!!! I love the card shape and spiderweb background..

scrappy hugs,
Amanda :0)

K and P's Mom said...

I love the colors used. The card is really cute.

Thanks for a chance to win.

redpupper@aol.com

Miranda said...

Adorable!
Miranda :)
www.nanasscrapspot.com
miranda at nanasscrapspot dot com

Carol Carriveau said...

Great colors...great design and wonderful goblins!

J Ake said...

Great choice with the heat embossing. It really makes the sentiment pop. Love the colors too.

~ Jo ~ said...

I absolutely LOVE this card! I love the stitching faces and love that you created your own background paper with that spider web stamp! Love this!

Hugs,
Jo
www.jwscrapshack.blogspot.com

sarah said...

so cute & luv all the cute face's...TFS!!!
texasgrama7@gmail.com

Amy C said...

This is super cute and I love the shape of the card. Fab job!! =)

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Such cute little monsters! Love how you made your own dp? Great idea!

Rosie said...

omg this is soooo cute, love the colors you chose


rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com