Friday, September 7, 2012

New Scrappy Moms Stamps & a Sale!

Happy Friday!  I hope you have all had a good week!  So...what do you think of the new set?  I think it's super cute.  I am so excited to finally be able to share these projects with you.  I've had them done for awhile, but I've been holding them back until this new release!  

I got the idea for these treat bags from Pinterest...so the first one is a bit of a scrap-lift, but once I finished the first bag...I put my own spin on them!  (You can see my original inspiration HERE!)
I'm really happy with how he turned out.  I found the mini brown paper bags at Michael's in the gift wrap section.  I did end up trimming them down a bit with my pinking shears.  Here's a quick step by step...
Measure (or eyeball) how much ribbon you need for your handles.  
Staple the ribbon to your bag to create the handles.
Ink everything in black...because black ink is "Halloween-y"
Adhere your pumpkin to the front and back of the bag.
Add your tag with stamped sentiment
Apply glitter glue 
Done!
I actually use one little pop dot to help keep my tag EXACTLY where I want it.  
Once I finished the pumpkin...I knew I needed to make more.  All I did for the mummy was lay out strips of cream cardstock in a haphazard pattern.  I did try to do it without inking the edges...but you REALLY need to ink the edges so the strips will stick out.  I used my circle punch to create little eyes.  To keep the bag from tipping over and to hide the stapled ribbon handle - I applied a rectangle of cream cardstock to the back of the bag as well.

I think the little Frankenstein may me be most favorite.  I used pieces of a few different SVGs to create his face...I'll add links in the materials section.
I used my Martha Stewart Glitter Glue in Obsidian.  I LOVE it because it has little flecks of silver glitter too, so it really sparkles.  What Frankenstein wouldn't want to sparkle a bit?

Thank you so much for stopping by today!  

Make sure to check out the design team blogs all week for LOTS more Halloween inspiration.
I almost forgot to tell you that Scrappy Moms is having an End of Summer FREE SHIPPING sale through 9/16/12!  It is a good time to pick up a set or two or four.  ;)

Materials List:


7 comments:

Saundra said...

These are adorable, Lauren! Love this!

David said...

Oh my good gosh these are SOOOO cute.. I was working on some Franky boxes as well but yours is to DIE for....
♥Tam

Lezlye said...

These are Terrific Lauren! I love each and everyone of them!

Scrappy Moms Stamps said...

So stinkin' ADORABLE!!! I'm going to have to craft-lift these bags!!
{{{ HUGS }}}

- Mel

sarah said...

TFS!!!great project idea's~~cute..cute!!!

Rosie said...

all of these adorable


rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraolovingminis.blogspot.com

dreenie said...

somehow i think i missed this post....i love these!!!! to cute for words!