Thursday, July 25, 2013

Scrappy Moms Stamps Peeks!

Where has the week gone?  Mine started with me throwing my back out...awesome.  The best part is that I did it while getting Gavin out of his car seat...really?  How unathletic is that?  I had parts of my cards all ready to go for about two weeks, but things keep getting in the way of me and my craft desk.  To help make up for it - I have two projects to share today and one more that I'll be sharing tomorrow.  

Here's one thing that has been taking me away from the craft room:
And no...I'm not making a ton of ice.  I WAS making baby food for Gavin, so I had ALL of my ice cube trays out.
That is my old kitchen on the left and our new temporary kitchen to the left.  It used to be the dining room...now it's the dining room/kitchen.  I'm so incredibly excited to be saying goodbye to the old kitchen that I'm totally ok with dealing with the mess and everything else.  Although, we're only two weeks in...you may want to check back with me in a few weeks. 
The cabinets went in on Monday and they will start working on a bead board ceiling and new floors next week.  Whew!  I cannot even believe it.

Moving on to my projects...

I love this bear paired with the "Bless your heart" sentiment from the new Lean on Me stamp set from Scrappy Moms.  I used my white gel pen to add the pops of white to the bear.  I then used my black gel pen to go over some of the lines that were a bit blurred by the white.  
I know...ANOTHER stamped image.  It's just so much easier right now to work with my Copics than my Cameo.  These little people that live here too require a lot of attention.  
Here's another close up of the super sweet image.  I thought it paired perfectly with the sentiment.  It also reminds me a bit of The Paperbag Princess.  (Just a bit...but it is one of my favorite picture books. If you have a SUPER princess-y little girl - it is a nice counterpoint to some of the Disney princess stories.  Not that those aren't super popular in my house...because they totally are.)

See you back here tomorrow with another project and some thoughts about blogging in general.

3 comments:

Scrappy Moms Stamps said...

I love both of them, they are darling!! :)

Sorry about your back - I hope you feel better soon!

Yay for the new kitchen, not to much longer! :)

Live Love and Scrap said...

Awww...what adorable cards!!! hope your back is better!!! Your kitchen is looking wonderful!!! CONGRATS!

hugs,
SArah

bonnie said...

Gorgeous cards and colouring! Kitchen looks fab so far! ;) Hugs x