Friday, November 29, 2013

PKS Celebrate Christmas Hop!

Welcome, and thanks for joining the Celebrate Christmas Blog Hop!  This is a combined event for current and alumni Peachy Keen design team members, which means that there will LOTS of inspiration along the way!  If you are hopping along with us, you should have arrived here from Janice's blog, Stampin' With Janice.  If not, make sure to head back to Kristi's blog so you don't miss out on a single project!  (I will also have a complete blog list at the bottom of this post!)  Peachy Keen Stamps will be providing an amazing Christmas stamp bundle to one lucky winner.  To be entered to win, you need to leave a comment on each blog post.  There will be 1 winner chosen to receive the Christmas bundle with a retail value of $150!!!  The winner will be announced Monday, December 2nd.  

I created a personalized shadow box for today's hop.  Once I finished paper piecing the gingerbread house, the project came together really quickly and I know that I will look forward to displaying for many Christmases to come.
I paper pieced the PK-1329 Sweet Home gingerbread house. I used kraft paper as my "base," and all of the patterned papers are from the Santa's Workshop line from Doodlebug Designs.  Unfortunately, they don't make it anymore, BUT there are a ton of similar lines out there.  I used this line for our advent calendar a few years ago, and luckily I still had enough left to piece this house.  I'm pretty excited that it will coordinate, but I'm also a big dork so...  
I will freely admit that there is NO way I would paper piece this for a card or even a scrapbook page - but it was completely worth it for this project!  Once everything was pieced, I added two layers of glossy accents to all of the peppermint and one coat to just about everything else.  I had planned to use some Stickles for the "icing," but I realized on Monday night that I was COMPLETELY out, so I improvised and used some Martha Stewart Glitter Glass Paint.  Luckily it worked out perfectly!  
The shadow box itself is 8x8.  I printed out the names using our regular printer.  I did use my Silhouette Design software to help get the sizing and layout correct, but you could just as easily use a word processing program.  I used two layers of foam tape to mount the house to the background paper, and added lots of rhinestones.  It took a couple of tries to get just the right amount of fake snow, which was a tiny bit messy, but mostly fun!  I'm so excited to add this to my Christmas decorations this year!

Thank you so so much for stopping by today!  I hope you enjoy the hop!  





Peachy Keen Stamps is offering HUGE savings for Black Friday that will run the entire weekend through Monday! Visit their shop and stock up on the stamps you’ve had on your wishlist - you don’t want to miss it!  I have had my eyes on THESE super cute gingers for soo long.  With everything that happened last year around this time, I talked myself out of such a big project, but I think I am ready to tackle it!


67 comments:

amanda phifer said...

AWE!!! Now I am inspired to make my own personalized Christmas decor

Kristi said...

This is gorgeous! I know what you mean about piecing all those papers!
kidshomelove at yahoo.com

lindaplus3 said...

your shadow box is very very cute :)

Creative M said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! Great job!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Mrodriguez860@hotmail.com
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥

Robin Carroll said...

how cute!!!

Dana Desmond said...

OMG! I must make this frame.

Diana said...

Amazing! Awesome job on paper piecing!

bdcampers@msn.com

Jane Crisci said...

You did a wonderful job on the paper piecing.

Margreet said...

What a gorgeous shadow box...love it!
♥♥♥ Margreet

cm said...

What a wonderful project - this will be treasured for many years to come! Perfect showcase of PK stamps! Inspiration, plus!!
c

Jessica Owens said...

OMG!!!! Your project is wonderful!!!

Tara Bruening said...

Love it!!! Has to be one of my favorite projects so far.

SuZan said...

The shadowbox is absolutely adorable. Thanks for the inspiration.

Tonya said...

What a GREAT project! I would have NEVER thought to paper piece the house. Guess I take the easier way out? But yours has inspired me to pull out my stamp and see how long I can stay focused to do it. ;-) TFS

Carolyn said...

Love, love this! What a great gift idea!

Miss Giebel said...

This is so sweet! I love how you paper pieced the whole gingerbread house! Beautiful!!

Carmen M. said...

Super idea. Will look great on display

snappy scrappy said...

Super cute shadow box!!!

snappy scrappy said...

Super cute shadow box!!!

stampinvixen said...

I REALLY LIKE YOU DESIGN, VERY CLEAN

Theresejune said...

great idea

Melissa said...

Cute!

J Ake said...

This would make a great gift idea!

RLS Innovations said...

Another cute project with peachy keen stamps.

Sue
rolfe974@prodigy.net

kahaulani said...

the shadow box is fabulous!!! that is such an adorable,creative idea!! I LOVE it!!

danajohnson1218 said...

This is my favorite I love it!!

Northern Girl Crafts said...

Love it!

jessica said...

This is so AWESOME Lauren! What a fun, creative and super project!! I just LOVE the way you paper pieced the house too!!
Awesome job!
Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT night and weekend!!

Cindy said...

GORGEOUS job with your Christmas project, it looks FANTASTIC!!!Hope you are having a GREAT Thanksgiving with your family!!! :)

Lisa Riha said...

This is really nice!

Sue said...

Super Cute ginger bread house. love the idea of putting it in a frame.

TFS
Sue
shannegan 16 @ att .n et

Janice W. said...

I love your shadow box! Just beautiful!

UnikByYes said...

such an adorable project Lauren!
Thanks for sharing.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Liz O
unikebyyes {at} yahoo {com}

Blaire said...

Such a cute idea for a shadowbox. I am going to have to try this.

Tona M said...

This is adorable; gives me ideas for some Christmas gifts. Have to say this is probably my favorite so far.

marg0006 said...

OMG, just love this sweet north pole scene. I especially like the snow.

marg0006 at Verizon dot net

Eva Laney said...

Oh what a nice Christmas display for each year, so cute!

evascrapslife@gmail.com

Tina said...

Wonderful project.


Tina
aurathentic@gmail.com

Deborah said...

This project in so elegant and what a great gift for a couples first Christmas

Got2BCrafting said...

Eeeeeek...I MUST make one of these!! Oh my goodness... this is wonderful! You did a phenomenal job. :)
Happy Holidays to you and your family.
Lori

Donna said...

Great job - looks wonderful?

GiGi said...

This is AWESOME Lauren! LOVE the way you personalized it with your families names and the gems. I have never heard of Glitter glass paint...gonna have to check that out!

Charity C said...

So Cool!!!!! I have never seen anything like this before and I love it!!!!!

Krista Olson said...

Far too cute. I love it.

Melissa said...

This is so beautiful! Love this idea for a custom frame.

Samantha Casey said...

Super cute! I love the shadowbox you made. And your paper piecing is awesome! Amazing job!
Samantha

K and P's Mom said...

Your shadow box is so cute.
The paper piecing I'm sure was tedious but like you said, well worth it.

Mary O'Neal

Pam Arellano said...

WOW what a beautiful gift this makes!

Sue D said...

So cute--I like the paper piecing.

AndreaA said...

OMGoodness!!!! This Gingerbread house is adorable, cute, Awesome and my favorite so far. I would so do this. This would make a great Christmas gift!! I would add some little gingerbread guys to it also.

Iris said...

Cute gingerbread house.
isoscia at aol dot com

janner said...

Your shadow box is gorgeous. I am so inspired with all these wonderful creations. Thanks for sharing.
thejanner@xcelco.on.ca

Brianna loeffelbein said...

Wowza, I am loving this and now want to make one!!! Love the bright colors and the touch of the glitter glass, thanks for the inspiration!!
Jeffbrianna@me.com

DCx2 Family said...

how adorable this is! I have so many ideas flowing through my head because of this... thanks soooo much!

Mellisa Thomas said...

I love how your shadowbox came out. This really will be a wonderful display for your family decorations.

Ashley said...

Oh my goodness this is AMAZING! Such a fun home decoration for the holidays. :)

Ashley
http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

Percilla G said...

OH WOW. This is one of my favorite PK stamps and I love how instead of coloring it you paper pieced it. I love the glossy accents. Fabulous Christmas decoration!

Bobbi said...

So VERY CUTE LOVE it.

VICTORIA said...

I love your personal wall art wonderful job on it :)

Corina Daily said...

Love this, so pretty!

Gaylynn said...

Beautiful home decor family project. Sure to be treasured for years. :)

Vanessa Torres said...

Awesome shadow box home decor project.

Lisa B said...

Lauren this is simply amazing. I just adore it to bits. What a fun decor project to make! Great job!

Serena said...

Fabulous project! I love it!

Jennifer Rose said...

Wow! Awesome project! I never thought about doing something like this in a shadow box frame. I love the snow! You did an amazing job on the gingerbread house. Loving how the house stands out! Amazing!!
Jennifer.rose112@gmail.com

Maureen Reiss said...

Adorable!!! Love this idea!!

Jaren said...

Lauren, I love your project!!! The glossy accents are such a nice touch!