Friday, February 12, 2016

Valentine's Day Cards

Happy Friday!  I can't believe I haven't posted anything since October.  It always feels like time moves so quickly from Halloween through the end of January.  We added a puppy to our family in November, so I've been a little busy keeping an eye on our new mischievous girl.  (It's a good thing she's so cute and sweet.)  These two cards are actually the first things I've worked on in months.  Sad times.  Neither one of these cards is super fancy, but I love making the kids homemade Valentine's cards each year.  
I made this one for my son.  He loves bears and wolves (especially wolves) so hopefully he will be pleased.  The dies make it so quick and easy that I finished all the coloring in less than 20 minutes.  I added a little Wink of Stella to the heart garland and some Stickles to the clouds for a little sparkle.  
For my daughter's card, I decided to use one of my favorite hedgehogs and the dies from a PTI set.  (I will link supplies below.)  To make this card come together quickly, I cut out ALL the layers prior to stamping or coloring.  
All of the hedgehogs from Penny Black are super cute and so so easy to color.  

Thank you for stopping by!  My next project is to film a quick craft room tour.  It looks so different from the last one AND I did lots of research before reorganizing things.  My goal was to not spend too much money on organizational supplies (I'd much rather spend money on new stamps and Copics...not on bins.) AND to store my supplies in a way that makes them easily accessible and maybe more importantly EASY to put away!  I think I've succeeded.  So far all of my most troublesome supplies have stayed nicely organized, but I still can't seem to manage to keep my desk neat and tidy.  It always ends up piled with random things.  

SUPPLIES


post signature

3 comments:

Kimberly Dineen said...

Cute cards, Lauren! Can't wait to see your craft room tour. My entire work area is constantly cluttered so don't feel bad about your desk! I started working full time last year so when I have a few minutes here and there I try to get downstairs to create. Unfortunately, crafting on the fly means no time to organize :(

Melissa said...

Such cute projects!

Melissa said...

Hi...

I'm new to finding your scrapbook layouts and I think they are so beautiful and artfully done. They are eye catching and just frankly works of art to portray the best art... my kiddos pictures. I especially love how you "teach" how to build these layouts and share your knowledge... so many people don't like to do that and I for one really appreciate it! I do hope that you continue to share your creations... and I will be bookmarking your blog. Thanks again.