Thursday, March 17, 2016

Get Well Soon!

I know I titled this post "Get Well Soon," but it could also be titled...watercolor background attempt number 1 of 1,000,000.  I don't know why I've taken so long to jump on the watercolor bandwagon, but I've done it.  So far I'm kind of hanging out towards the back of the bandwagon, but I feel like it will only be a matter of time before I am driving the darn thing.

I used some distress inks to create the background.  I raided my kids' art supply cabinet and borrowed some the watercolor paper that I had bought them from Target.  It's definitely not perfect, but it was fun to try and I already have at least 4 more backgrounds done.  Get ready!!!  More watercolored backgrounds to come.  I used my Copics to color in the little medicine bottles and bird.  I'm not brave enough yet to try watercoloring images. 

Supplies
  • Lawn Fawn - Get Well Soon
  • Copic Sketch Markers
  • Tim Holtz Distress Inks...(I can't remember the exact color combo...I'm sorry.)
  • Tiny Hearts - Die from PPI Shakers + Sprinkles Kit (I die cut the hearts out of white cardstock and colored them using my Copics)



post signature

No comments: