Thursday, March 24, 2016

Treat Yourself!

I thought it would be fun to play along with this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.  This week's challenge is super easy (and fun) - food and drink.  I haven't done a shaker in a few weeks, so this was the perfect excuse to ink up my new Treat Yourself Stamp set.  (I may or may not have been heavily influenced to purchase this set because I can mask the sentiment to say, "Treat Yo' Self."  I will also deny that thanks to Netflix Parks and Recreation has become one of my favorite shows.)  

Here's a close up of the shaker element.  I used some of the "sprinkles" from a Papertrey Ink Make it Market kit and mixed them with some Martha Stewart clear tinsel glitter and a few die cut ice cream cones from the Party Animals Lawn Fawn set.  To create the background I used the Tim Holtz mini distress ink blender to blend three shades of distress ink and then I misted some water over the whole background.  I wish you could see it in the picture, but I also added a little shimmer to the ice cream in the container AND the ice cream cones inside the shaker element.  Oh well...you will have to take my word for it - it's there.  

Thanks for stopping by!  
I have ANOTHER card to share tomorrow for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.  

Supplies:


post signature

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Such a fabulous shaker card. Love all the sweet colors, the ice cream cones with the sprinkles is so darling. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Greeshma said...

Cute card..

Jo - Jo's Scrap Shack said...

Lauren this shaker card is so sweet! Love the colors... and I adore your little shaker bits! Too cute!
Hugs,
Jo
♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥