Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Watercolor 2 of 1,000,000

What did I tell you in my last post?  I am now addicted to watercolor backgrounds.  I am determined to perfect it, so I really wasn't exaggerating.  I have made LOTS of cards that are just waiting to be photographed and blogged.  
 I don't typically watch craft videos, but I fell into a YouTube worm hole last week.  I found out that one of my favorite cardmakers has HILARIOUS informative videos and I think I watched all of them.  I also determined that I may never make another video because I know that none of my videos will ever be half as entertaining as hers.  After watching video after video, I tried out the ink smooshing technique to create the watercolor backgrounds.  It is so easy, and I still can't believe that I missed this trend.  Oh well...the nice thing about not having any design team deadlines is that I can sort of work at my own pace...the bad thing is that I am so out of the craft trend loop.
Here's another attempt at ink smooshing.  For both of these cards I used my Tim Holtz Distress Inks.  I've already bought a few more colors, and need to reorganize my ink drawer.  If you saw my recent craft room tour post, you know that I have tried to be more careful about what crafting items I purchase.  Here is my attempt to justify the recent purchase of additional distress inks...they are so versatile.  I can watercolor and use them to ink blend.  They are a great price point and I love that they come in smaller sizes, so they don't take up a ton of space.  There...justified. 

Supplies:



post signature

No comments: