Thursday, March 31, 2016

Watercolor Cards...Two Ways!

What? More watercolored backgrounds? Why, yes. For this card, I heat embossed the sentiment and flowers with white embossing powder. (Do you have a favorite white embossing powder?  I am in the market for a new one, so if you have one you love...please let me know!)  I then used masking fluid to cover all of the flowers to protect them from the watercolors. Once it dried, I again tried "ink smooshing" to create a watercolor effect. As soon as the ink was dry, I used a soft cloth to remove the masking fluid and colored the flowers using my Copics. 
I started this card the same as above by heat embossing the sentiment and flowers but instead of masking the flowers I tried a little simple watercoloring using my Distress Inks and even a few of my Papertrey Ink dye inks. It's not super detailed but it was really fun to try and I love how it turned out. Once the flowers were dry, I wet the paper and then used Distress Ink to create a simple wash of color for the background. 

Supplies:



post signature

2 comments:

Jo - Jo's Scrap Shack said...

Lauren these cards are so beautiful!! I really love how you managed to get your watercolors to blend so beautifully. Any chance you can do a video tutorial on how you did these? Would love to see it as it is happening. Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a great day!
Hugs,
Jo
♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

Lauren Brewer said...

Jo-Jo's Scrap Shack -
I will try and get that filmed this week! Thanks for the suggestion. It really is fun to watch the inks come together.
Lauren