Thursday, April 7, 2016

Blossom Birthday!

Hello there!  I have a quick shaker card to share with you today.  I had intended to use this card to participate in the March PaperSmooches challenge, but it didn't work out.  This turned out to be one of those cards that went through lots of evolutions.  I started off masking the little jar of flowers and ink blending around it, but I didn't like the way it turned out.  I think I was a little heavy handed with the ink, so it just looked like it was stamped onto yellow cardstock.  (That was after I had tried masking it and ended up smearing the black ink with my Distress Ink.) 
I tend to add too many sequins in my shaker cards, so I tried to be a little more sparing.  OF COURSE I really could have added quite a few more sequins to this shaker.  Argh!  I quickly colored the image with Copics and added a little shimmer to the flower centers and the mason jar with my Wink of Stella pen.  I added a few doodles with my Copic Multi-liner pens and outlined the entire image with my Copic C0.  The sentiment is heat embossed with white embossing powder.  

Supplies:

post signature

No comments: