Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Thinking of You + Watercolor Video

I have a simple card to share with you today AND a short video.  I had a request to show how I use the "ink smooshing" technique to create watercolored backgrounds.  I don't think I'm doing anything particularly unique, but I hope that it's helpful!  I also have a quick tip for what to do with those backgrounds that don't quite turn out as intended.

Here's a close-up of the card and as I mentioned in the video - I did ruin the card base that I showed in the video due to some shoddy stamping on my part.  The second time around - I DID NOT make the same mistake and used my MISTI stamping tool for all of the stamps.  I stamped each image once or twice in black ink and then again in Versamark ink.  I heat embossed the sentiments and images using clear embossing powder to make them stand out a bit more against the bright background.  

All of the images and the sentiment - including the polka dot embossed black accent use the stamps from the Simon Says Stamp set, Sending Happy Thoughts.  It's an older set, but it's so useful and I still use it often!  I am participating in the current Wednesday Challenge over on the Simon Says Stamp blog.  Simon Says Stamp is celebrating it's 7th Birthday with a challenge showcasing Simon Says Stamps products.  I don't always use typical "happy birthday" sentiments on birthday cards, and I think the "thinking of you" sentiment works perfectly for lots of occasions...including a birthday.    

Supplies:

post signature

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Lauren! I love the background you've created & the little hearts are so cute.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge for our special 7th Birthday challenge
Mandy xx