Monday, May 16, 2016

DIY Patterned Paper

I have two cards to share with you today using an older stamp set from Simon Says Stamp.  I love the very stylized flowers and even though it is a smaller set - there are lots of options.  The flowers are rather small, so I decided to create my own patterned paper and keep the rest of the card pretty simple.  To make the whole process go a little faster, I try to color in one type of flower or leaf at a time.  Not only does it save time, but it helps create a more uniform pattern.  Once all the flowers were colored, I then went over all the lines with my Copic multi-liner pen and added some white gel pen accents.  I honestly could have probably skipped those steps, but I really like adding little details.  I actually brought the background with me and worked on it in the car while I waited to pick up my daughter from school.  I originally planned on adding little touches of glitter using my Wink of Stella pen, but I ended up adding it to ALL of the flowers. Even after all of that, I thought the background was a little flat, so I used a few warm grey Copic markers to outline all of the images and give everything a little more dimension.
This was actually the first card that I worked on and I wasn't 100% happy with how the background turned out.  I really should have added a few more flowers and I think I would have liked it a bit better.  I have seen quite a few cards using a camouflaged word die, and have been wanting to try it.  I first die cut the "you" out of the card base itself.  I then die cut the "you" one more time using white fun foam.  I added a little glossy accents over the word to make it stand out just a bit more.  

Hope you are having a great day!  See you soon with another project!

Supplies:



post signature

No comments: