Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Harry Potter Bookmark

My 2nd (almost 3rd grader) grader is in the middle of reading the Harry Potter series.  She's obsessed.     She's reading the 5th book right now, and I thought she might "need" a new bookmark to help keep her place.  Last month Elena from Just Me showed some adorable pictures of her daughter's Harry Potter themed birthday party. Luckily - she released the images she created for the party as digital stamps.  I think I purchased them as soon as they posted.  If her illustrations look familiar - she illustrates stamps for Neat and Tangled too.

To create the bookmark, I first imported the .png file into the Silhouette software and traced and outlined the digital image.  I then created an offset, so I would have a little border around Harry and Hedwig.   I added a rectangle and welded the traced digital image and the rectangle together.  I then added my daughter's name in the little banner and a quote to the rectangle.  I wish I would have thought to add a little circle or something to the top, so I would have had room to add some baker's twine to the top.  I cut out two bookmarks - one with the image and text printed and another plain version, so I could layer the cardstock.  I layered the two pieces of cardstock before laminating.  It helped provide a little extra strength AND it covered up any Copic ink that bled in through to the back.  

This was such a fun project and it came together really quickly.  I think it took me longer to get the text spaced then anything else.  

Have a great day!  I will be back with a few monster themed cards later in the week!

Supplies:

post signature