Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Make Some Noise!

I love these monsters from Mama Elephant's Monster Jam set.  They are super fun to color and it's nice to have something that isn't quite so girly.  I didn't purchase the coordinating dies for this set, and then immediately regretted it.  I wasn't in the mood to fussy cut everything, so I decided to try the PicScan mat and the coordinating features in the Silhouette design software.  After a lot trial and error (and maybe a few curses) I gave up trying to make my Silhouette cut around the little stamped images.  It needs to be realigned, and for whatever reason it is not cooperating with me.  I almost ended up giving up, but I did come up with a solution.  Even though I couldn't get my Silhouette to cut around the stamped images - I was still able to trace the stamped images and create an offset to create a border around the little monsters.  I cut out a ton of the little monsters' outlines and then used my MISTI and the negatives from the Silhouette to line up the die cut monsters and the stamped images perfectly.  It was definitely more trouble than I anticipated, and the dies are definitely easier, BUT maybe it will go faster if I ever try this again.    
I did some quick masking to create an ink blended background, and then I misted the whole thing with some Perfect Pearls and water.  Once that was dry, I stamped my sentiment and added the monsters using a little foam tape.  I finished it off with a few sequins and baker's twine.  

I hope you aren't tired of these little monsters because I have a card set that I made as an end of year thank you for my daughter's teacher to share with you soon!
Supplies:


post signature

1 comment:

Sherrie K. said...

Oh my gosh, this is so cute! I love the little elephants and fun background!
Sherrie K