Friday, May 6, 2016

Thank you Teachers!

Happy Friday!  I had every intention of posting this earlier in the week, and I just didn't get around to it.  It's been teacher appreciation week here, and our school has themes for every day.  Since I haven't been able to volunteer very much this year, I tried to send something thoughtful each day this week.  Thursday was school supply day and it's ALWAYS my favorite.  I love office supplies, so I always jump at any excuse to pick out cute supplies.  In the past, I have used glass etching cream to personalize a canister, but this year I took pity on Nicole (she is always so nervous transporting glass) and found a cute plastic container from Target.  This year her classroom is decorated with owls, so I used my Silhouette to cut out some vinyl to decorate the canister.  Monday's theme was "sweet treat," and I decorated a clear plastic insulated cup almost identically to the canister.  I completely forgot to photograph it, but you can imagine that it was super cute.  I filled it with some drink mixes because I knew she would get a ton of candy.
To make the gift a little more special, I added some decorated paperclip bookmarks.  I found these giant paperclips at Target and I used one of my favorite Peachy Keen Stamp sets - Smartie the Owl to create little bookmarks.  To make them a little more sturdy - I added glossy accents to the front and back.  I ended up making 5 of the little owl bookmarks and added some baker's twine to top off the rest of the paperclips.  

Here a few other ideas that would be perfect for teachers any time of the year:

Ribbon Wreath (with a video)

If you check out the "Crafts" page on my blog, there are lots of other gift ideas too! 

Hope you have a great weekend!  I will be spending it enjoying my new shade garden that I planted this week.  I am trying to become a better gardner.  I may be the world's best sweet potato vine grower, but I am trying to branch out this year...although I still added some to the flower beds in the front.  For the shade garden, I used three types of hostas, some pink and green caladiums and white impatiens.  I eventually want to extend it all the way across our backyard, but I figured it was smarter to start small first.  I always have such good intentions in April and May when the weather is nice, but by the time August rolls around I tend to lose my will to water.  The heat and I do NOT get along well.  I also have a tiny vegetable garden, and my fingers are crossed that it performs better this year.  

Happy Mother's Day! 
post signature

2 comments:

Migdalia said...

Oh my goodness..They are absolutely adorable!

Lorenza said...

I'm a teacher in Italy e thanks for your words and for your "craft".
Happy mother's day too1